Thursday, February 4, 2010

Kindred blogging souls

I am at Blissdom X, a women's blogging conference in Nashville, TN. A few things have struck me right off the bat.
  1. How lovely to spend time with people who care passionately about the written word! I'm not the only word nerd here!
  2. Technology has changed then nature of reading, writing and connecting. I know, this is obvious, but seeing it all at once is fascinating. Everyone has with them at all times in one relatively small bag:
    1. a smart phone
    2. an electronic as well as paper business card (ConAgra gave every one a Poken as a gift, thanks!)
    3. a computer
    4. a digital camera
      A few nights ago I watched a science fiction show produced in the mid-eighties. The computers there were enormous, filing cabinet sized, and they were showing the future. The high-tech car didn't have a phone or GPS. My iPhone has thousands of time the computing power of what went to the moon.
  3. I went to an all-girls' high school. Whenever I'm in the company of a large number of women I am in high school again. I keep expecting to turn a corner and see the pink marble of my high school instead of this elegant hotel. I'm so glad this isn't high school.
 More quick posts as we move through the weekend.

(c)2010 Laura S. Packer Creative Commons License

1 comment:

  1. I am SO jealous! I dithered too long and it sold out. I was terribly disappointed, as I live within 10 minutes f the hotel and it would have been so easy to take part in this.

    ReplyDelete

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails