Monday, April 15, 2019

The world through my eyes - adventure day

I went for an adventure a few days ago. Adventures are good for my spirit. They help me feel both minuscule and vast, connected to the world in a deep way and still observational of it, as well as offering me glimpses into the unknown. I decided to explore parts of the Twin Cities that are new to me and I found wonders.

I posted some of these photos originally on Instagram, but here I can explore them a little more thoroughly. I hope you enjoy this glimpse into my adventure and (more than that) I hope you have adventures yourself.

Adventures are about looking at the world in new ways.
Looking up in the lobby of a historical building.

They are about the details you see when you look closer.
The skylight.

They are about watching the watchers.
And finding beauty.
The ceiling in the hallway of the historical building.
Beauty that is in the details as well as the big picture.
Mushrooms in an asian market.
They are about cherishing the contrasts in the world.
This is my favorite picture in the bunch. It was taken in a Hmong market and shoes skeins of embroidery floss, used to make traditional art, and modern shoes.
Sometimes adventures bring unexpected friends.

----------------------------------
patreon.com/laurapacker
laurapacker.com
thinkstory.com
(c)2019 Laura S. Packer Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails