Sunday, July 13, 2008

Physical frailty

It could be worse. But jeez does it sound dumb.

To avoid straining my knee more (which ached some after yesterday's ride) I decided I'd instead go swimming and lifting today. Before we went to the gym Kevin and I decided to enjoy this lovely day and fly a kite. 

I'm new to kite flying, so I'm still learning all the ins and outs. One of the things I'm still learning is to how to keep the string from burning my fingers when the wind grabs the kite. It's a windy day.

The kite was really going and my finger got caught, singed. I let go of the strings and started chasing the kite so it wouldn't fly away. After maybe five steps something happened inside my right knee and I fell down, in a fair bit of pain. Ouch.

I can just see the medical report. "Patient injured knee kite flying." I feel like a dope. With a limp.

If it still hurts this much tomorrow I'm going to the doctor. For now it's rest, ice, compression and elevation.

But boy, before that happened the kite and I were soaring.

(c) 2008 Laura S Packer
Creative Commons License

3 comments:

  1. I see your point. But, "patient injured knee kite flying" is much better than patient injured knee "kitten kicking" or "infant tripping". (Though if you were into that, you probably wouldn't be bothered to see that on your medical report...)

    I hope you heal up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another reader, not just a lurker, here on your blog. The writing idea is a good one for a blog, and I'll be returning. [on swapbot, I'm junemoon] Come see my blog someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a reader not just a lurker. The writing idea is a good one, and your personal intro very good. I'll be coming back again. [On swapbot I'm junemoon] Come visit my blog some day.

    ReplyDelete

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails