Thursday, July 3, 2008

Watch, give, save a life

When I was 18, I thought about killing myself. We all have those thoughts from time to time, I know, but this was my long dark night. I spent a lot of hours on a bridge and a lot of time looking at my wrists. I got through it. But I didn't tell anyone at the time and I would likely have gotten through it faster and more easily if I had.

Hopeline, 1-800-SUICIDE, is a national listening line that helps people considering suicide. It's free. It's confidential. It doesn't record you or track you or judge you. And they need help.

I learned about it from Postsecret. I believe they help people. I believe they give more stories happy endings.

Watch this video, go to the website and donate. You may never know whose life you save.






Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails