Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Celebration countdown day 8: Adagio for strings

I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had a gig and things got a little hairy.

Today's birthday gift to the world is this, one of those pieces of music that moves me outside of myself and helps me in every way. It reminds me that this moment is but a moment, that this feeling will change, that I can soar and dream and grieve and be fully human.

Please take a listen to Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings, opus 11.

(c)2012 Laura S. Packer Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails