Friday, February 23, 2018

#storyseeds Friday: A world without

If you follow me on Twitter or on Facebook, you know that I'm posting daily #storyseeds, a short prompt for creativity and imagination. I started doing them as much for myself as for anyone else. They make me stretch my mind a little bit each morning and they help me remember that I am a creative being. It's fun, a little therapeutic, and a little useful for others. I'm posting expanded #storyseeds here on Fridays, both as a chance for me to experiment with more complex prompts and as a way for you to have a playful start for the weekend. Let me know what you think, which worked for you and which didn't, and send me any prompts you'd like to see posted! I can't promise I'll use them, but I may very well.

What would you give up for a week? For a month? For a year? For the rest of your life? The Lenten season started last week, which brings giving things up to mind. 
Things.
Behaviors.
A way of life.

Last week we saw another horrendous act of violence that leaves many families without their loved ones while others argue about what they are or are not willing to give up. 
Memories.
Objects.
A future.

What would you give up to change yourself? What would you love to remove from your life? What would you give up to change the world? What would you sacrifice? What would you see excised from the world entirely? How would things change?
Species. 
Environments.
A known path.
  1. Embodied
    When you think about giving something up, where do you feel it in your body? Does something tighten or relax? What if you think about giving something else up? Does it change?
  2. Described
    Describe a day without the given up thing.
    Describe the world without it.
  3. A seed...
    You wake up tomorrow and find that you no longer remember the thing that you thought shaped you.
    Or
    You wake up tomorrow and have the power to remove one and only one person from the world. They would be removed from this point forward, not any point in the past. What happens?
    Or
    You wake up tomorrow to find the one thing holding you back has been removed.
  4. Story-story-go! Tell the story of a world without. Start with the day-to-day changes then move to the larger implications. Do you miss the way the world was? Does it impact you at all?
----------------------------------
www.laurapacker.com
www.thinkstory.com
(c)2018 Laura S. Packer Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails