Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Musing 18 July or some of the places I have told stories

Yesterday I told stories at the annual Winnebago Jamboree. My first set had about 500 people and the second about 200. It was fun, and reminded me that this lovely, strange career has taken me to some odd places.

Here are some of the places I have told stories:
  • The Winnebago National Jamboree
  • A nudist camp
  • On a boat in the middle of the ocean
  • On a hill with earthworks in the U.K.
  • From the flight attendants' station on a crowded, delayed airplane
  • Innumerable different stages, homes, festivals, events, libraries, schools, assisted living facilities, boardrooms, campfires, conferences, bars, restaurants, computers, etc.
  • Several funerals
  • A wedding at a pagan retreat center
  • A wedding in an art museum
  • Many art museums
  • On a stage in front of about 3000 people with my stories simultaneously translated into at least four different languages
  • At several deathbeds
  • Christenings/naming ceremonies
  • In various weather conditions
  • In a basement as a tornado passed nearby
  • In a major league football stadium
  • In a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant
  • On a bus
  • From a carousel
  • and more.
I am so grateful for all of this, and look forward to sharing stories in many, many other places. This career has helped me see a big world and have many unusual experiences. I am so grateful. 

I would be remiss if I didn't say that I'm always looking for new storytelling/teaching/coaching adventures, and would be happy to have adventures with you.

----------------------------------

Support me on Patreon  for storytelling and creativity.

laurapacker.com Performance, coaching, keynotes, and more.

thinkstory.com Organizational storytelling, communications consulting, and more.

(c)2023 Laura S. Packer Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails