Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Musing 5 July or stomach aches

Musing, 5 July or stomach aches

I woke up this morning with a stomach ache. It was, I suppose, predictable. I had one of those healthy, delicious meals last night that can sometimes have a GI impact later (beans, I'm looking at you). I know it will pass yet right now it seems like I will never feel better. 

There are a lot of things like that in life, those little annoyances that at the time are almost overwhelming but once gone are soon forgotten. I can promise you I will eat too much bean soup again and then remember the next morning why moderation is key. 

It's that way often enough with things that are good for us. They carry consequences just as the crappy things do. They require more work or discomfort or risk. That's the way it is with almost everything, but somethings are worth it.

I want to make a transition here to something meaningful about relationships and connection, but it feels forced and out of reach. The body pretty much always takes priority over wisdom or platitudes. 

I'm going to eat something mild and give my belly a break. Rest is important too, from the hard work of trying to be better as well as from everything else. I promise a better musing tomorrow.

----------------------------------

Support me on Patreon  for storytelling, creativity, more

laurapacker.com Performance, coaching, keynotes, and more.

thinkstory.com Organizational storytelling, communications consulting, and more.

(c)2023 Laura S. Packer Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails