Sunday, July 9, 2023

Musing 9 July or tides

I'm undertaking this public daily writing experiment to help me feel more connected to you and to give me an obligation to write every day. I'm happiest when I write daily, whether it's in a blog, a journal, or on a project, but it's hard for me to do it without an external obligation. By committing to writing every day in July, I feel more connected to myself and to others.

All of that being said, this public daily writing has me thinking about how relatively small my world has become, and asking myself how I feel about it. Before the pandemic I was traveling 30-50% of the time. When I was home I still went out multiple times a week. Now I'm something of  homebody. It's a pretty radical transition in behavior and life patterns.

I wasn't content with traveling so much and I'm not content with staying home so much, but I'm not sure how to achieve balance or what balance might look like. I'm a pretty introverted person and the pandemic enhanced that, yet I need to be around people, my work is with people, and I get down if I stay home for too long. It's a quandary and one that I expect to spend the rest of my life working out.

I know today's musing isn't as interesting or evocative as the others, but it's honest and reflects where I am right now. Today I have a gig that I'll tell you about tomorrow. It will be very people-y, and I expect by the time I get home I'll want to never leave again. 

Perhaps I can think of it as a tide. Some alone time, some people time, over and over. We are creatures of salt water and subject to many tides, maybe this could be one more. Advance, retreat, leave stories of seaweed and shells and the twisted egg cases of conch behind. Onward.

----------------------------------

Support me on Patreon for storytelling, creativity and more.

laurapacker.com Performance, coaching, keynotes, and more.

thinkstory.com Organizational storytelling, communications consulting, and more.

(c)2023 Laura S. Packer Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails