Monday, September 14, 2009

Three things I like about Mondays

  1. It's a chance to reset. Just like most working people with a standard North American schedule (M-F, 9-5ish) I love weekends. They give me a chance to recuperate from the week, catch up on the things I didn't get done and play a little. This weekend I rode roller-coasters for my play. But Mondays give me a scheduled opportunity to take a deep breath (try it. Right now. I'll wait.... There, wasn't that nice?), look at the week and start again. I can see what I didn't accomplish, decide what's important enough to take another shot at and what I don't really need to bother with. It's an opportunity to pare down to the essential and let go of the chaff.
  2. It's a chance to goof off. Because Mondays are the Moon's Day, as I mentioned last Monday, I inevitably spend some time daydreaming. I love daydreaming. I also try to amuse myself on Mondays, to start the week out right. This site takes random quotes from twitter and, well... you just have to see it. If that doesn't amuse you add a link that does in the comments!
  3. And it's a chance to remember that things could be much worse. I have a home, ample food and friendship, an abundance of gifts. Sure I have aches and pains, my own small tragedies, but it could be very different. On Mondays I try to take a moment to remember that this is another week with another opportunity to make a difference in the world. Here. You can too.
Have a good Monday. Life is a gift.

(c) 2009 Laura S. Packer
Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails